After a year of beta, the highly anticipated desktop blogging tool from Microsoft is finally released. The insidious bugs that corrupt the blog draft that prevent submission, and the image processing that crashed the application seem to be resolved.
||Powerful table function
Main highlights of this editor include:
- full-featured table function (Though it lacks a merge cell function, however, user can add this in HTML mode)
- WYSIWYG editing and previewing which are exclusive to the Writer. No more wasting time in submitting blog for previewing. Just edit the blog using the original style and formatting (Top image) from the Blog theme, and then issue Web Preview function (image below) to display the blog. This is a godsend because I can’t recall how many countless time I have to wait to preview result in hosting service.
- Direct import of video and image through copy and paste. Just copy Youtube and Google video URL and paste it into editing screen, and the video will appear. No more worrying that the video embedded code get removed in WordPress.
- Tag submission to popular web services.
- Direct image processing like rotation, contrast adjustment, resizing, and others
- Image margin adjustment, borders and text wrapping.
- Spelling checker, smiley support (through plug-in download)
- Map function ! (Don’t expect Google Map support though)
and lot more functions to describe here. WLW is one of those Microsoft’s innovation that is just awesome to use (I have been using it for months).
So why not just check it out ? Download here