Portraiter’s main support site containing instruction and help is at http://geekyware.wordpress.com/portraiter
I have just completed my latest software project which is a application that make use of third-party pivoting system to pivot the screen easily into Portrait Mode, offers more customizations and with the mouse honours the screen orientation.
If you ever use eeeRotate, iRotate, Pivot Pro before then you probably have some ideas of what Portraiter is. Pivoting the screen into the Portrait mode make it easy to use the notebook as ebook reader or surf the web among the useful function.
Now why inventing the wheel if there are systems that can already do so ?
The followings are some of the reasons:
- Most pivoting systems do not adjust the mouse after the screen orientation changes. In other words, if the screen is in portrait mode, the mouse still works as in landscape mode, making hard to navigate the screen.
- Unless you are fortunate to own Tablet PC which comes with seamless pivoting system that simply works, Portraiter will come in handy to provide such function.
- Pivoting system provides limited choice in customization, hence some customization is useful.
The followings are some of the screenshot of application.
- Work as System Tray application.
- PortraiterCmd (Pc icon) allows command line pivoting.
- Useful customization. User can select iRotate or Pivot Pro pivoting system. iRotate is built into Portraiter whereas Pivot Pro is a separate commercial download. If iRotate does not work for you, you may want to consider Pivot Pro.
Another option allows the icon to display as Notebook or Monitor. You can also limit the Portrait to just ClockWise or Anti-ClockWise direction Portrait.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista
(So far I test it under XP and Vista using Home, Pro, Premium edition running 32bits Windows)
Java Runtime 1.6 and above
The Good News
The good news is you don’t have to wait for it as I releasing it for public usage now. The only work left is the help page and other support pages.
The installation file in the zip file contains the necessary installation information.